Location: Malapascua Island, Daanbantayan, Philippines.
Contract duration: minimum 12 months
Closing Date for Applications: 20th October 2016
Start date: November 2016
Remuneration and benefits:
Salary depending on experience.
Subsistence allowance provided off site when travelling for work.
All food and accommodation provided on site.
People and the Sea is a French registered charity. We are a community-driven marine conservation organisation operating in Malapascua, Philippines. Our objective is to support local communities in identifying innovative ways to protect their marine environment and have a positive economic impact.
We are recruiting a new field scientist to oversee the delivery of our science programme to expedition volunteers as well as to further our ongoing research initiatives.
*Please visit our Facebook page for more information: www.facebook.com/peopleandthesea/
Summary Job Description:
The main responsibilities of the project manager involve planning, coordinating, organizing and following up all community projects. The position involves the responsibility of making sure that the activities of our major community projects, which are the solid waste management and the homestay program, are running smoothly.
The Project Manager has a key responsibility to liaise with the community. The role has a strong focus on community engagement and empowerment.
- Prepare, plan and implement activities to support the Solid Waste Management and Homestay Programme.
- Brainstorm on ideas and activities that helps in achieving the vision of People and the Sea.
- Prepare and Teach Marine Environmental Class with Elementary Students.
- Recruit, plan and supervise summer Internships (High School Students).
- Connect People and the Sea to other NGOs and institutions.
- Reporting and Documenting.
- Assist People and the Sea staff with volunteers.
- Graduate level qualification in Environmental/Social Sciences or related fields.
- Excellent oral and written English and Bisaya
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good physical condition.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please send your CV and a cover letter to: [email protected]. Please state in the subject line “Project Manager Application”.